These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Sell My Cell’s Website, located at Sellmycell.co.uk.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Sell My Cell if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page. Our Terms and Conditions were created with the help of the Terms And Conditions Generator and the Free Terms & Conditions Generator.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Sell My Cell and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Sell My Cell. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Sell My Cell for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Sell My Cell
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Sell My Cell
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Sell My Cell
- Redistribute content from Sell My Cell
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Sell My Cell does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Sell My Cell,its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Sell My Cell shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Sell My Cell reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Sell My Cell a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Sell My Cell; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Sell My Cell. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Sell My Cell’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
Payment will be transferred to the bank account details provided when the customers submission is created (either through our site or a device recycling comparison website).
Offers are subject to revisions as described in our “Revised Offers” page and in keeping with our “Working & Faulty” classifications.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Unrequired Items Received
We’re not able to guarantee the return of any additional accessories or items of original packaging sent with the device will be forfeited and cannot be returned.
All of our offers are valid for 30 days unless an extended time period is agreed with a specific end date.
With regards any devices which have been submitted as faulty : Sell My Cell will perform basic repairs on broken devices which have been received with the efforts of testing the device before progressing to payment.
If we are unable to pay due to a device being iCloud locked, subject to a revised offer etc. then we will email with instructions on how to proceed.
If we do not receive a response then after 30 days we will process the payment as per our original email, paying the revised offer price where possible and paying a scrap price when a device is iCloud locked or iCloud removal cannot be verified.
We cannot recover devices after processing them.
Recycler’s Code of Conduct
Selling a mobile phone or device which you do not own may amount to a criminal offence. Sell My Cell support and adhere to the ‘Stop Stolen Mobiles Being Recycled’ code of practice set by the Home Office and the National Mobile Phone Crime Unit.
The following information is taken from the CheckMend website and we adhere to all of the below :
If any of the following records exist for the item you are sending to a recycler:
- A block by the UK networks on the Shared Equipment Identity Register (SEIR) also known as the Central Equipment Identity Register
- A loss or theft report on the Police Stolen Equipment National Database
- A fulfilled insurance claim on the Identifiable Property Insurance Database
Then the recycler has an obligation under their Code of Practice to do certain things:
- They must tell you there is a problem and give you the details on how to contact CheckMEND so we can tell you which records are present and how you may go about getting them updated to allow the sale to proceed.
- They must tell CheckMEND about the failure to pass the testing so that CheckMEND may inform the Police, Insurer or Network that originated the record.
- They must hold the phone for 28 days to allow you to get the records updated or the record originator to claim the item or contact you.
- If at the end of the 28 days the records have not been updated or the phone claimed as above, the recycler is deemed to be the legal owner of the handset and is required to dispose of the item responsibly.
- The recycler CANNOT in these circumstances return the item to you or pay you for it. To do either would risk offences under The Theft Act or Proceeds Of Crime Act.
How can you protect yourself?
- If you are buying a used item, always ask the seller for a CheckMEND certificate or run a check yourself before buying.
- Always run a check on CheckMEND beforeyou send an item to a recycler or otherwise try to sell it on.
- If you get a red result on any of the checks shown on the certificate DO NOT send the phone to a recycler until you have got the records updated and the check shows the phone as green, at which point you can send in the item.
- Sometimes, unscrupulous sellers will supply an item and only weeks or months later report it as lost/stolen or claim on their insurance. This is rare but in this case, your item could fall foul of the above rules after you had a green CheckMEND check and sent it to a recycler. If you are refused payment for your item in this manner as a result of a block, theft report or insurance claim CheckMEND will refund to you the cost of the check. (Not the cost of the item).
If you would like more information on the Recyclers’ code of practice please visit their web site http://www.stoprecycledstolenphones.com
Our Freepost Packs
Our freepost packs are automatically insured up to £100 if they are lost in transit, which Royal Mail defines as the package not having been delivered after 10 working days. While COVID measures are in place we ask that customers wait 14 days before getting in touch to seek compensation.
We will need the tracking number from your freepost label to verify that your parcel has been lost so please take the time to make a note of this.
If a device is sent to us via one of our freepost labels & meets this criterion then we will be able to claim compensation of up to £100 of the device’s value and pass it on to our customer.
Unfortunately, due to this we are not able to compensate customers for the full offered value of devices above £100, if you are worried about this then please read our section on Special Delivery by 1PM below. Customers can use another courier / delivery service at their own risk – we will not be liable for lost packages and we will not be able to refund any of the item value.
Claims for lost devices must be made by the customer within 30 days of the parcel being sent, as the window to claim on the parcels insurance expires after 80 days – and after this point claims cannot be pursued.
Damage & part loss
We are not able to offer compensation for damage which occurs in transit, so we advise customers take every caution to provide their device is as padded & protected as they would prefer before sending their device back to us using our freepost labels. Our labels can be used with any form of small to medium sized packaging such as a cardboard box.
When sending devices which are classed as “Working” or “New” to us we advise that customers use their own protective packaging.